Currently under construction
For further information please read below
WELCOME to the new FORMULA FORD 1600 website, dedicated to comprehensive UK coverage of the world's finest wing-less single-seater racing category.
Through the 2018 season and beyond, we'll be reporting on the various UK FF1600 series and the end-of-season trophy spectaculars as they happen, using a team of emerging motorsport writers trained in best practice, overseen by the original FF1600 website's editors Ian Sowman and Matt Beer.
WHAT WE'LL BE COVERING
National/Triple Crown, Northern, Castle Combe and Super Series/Champion of Brands in full at first, with updates from Scotland and Northern Ireland/Ireland but comprehensive coverage of these to be added at the earliest opportunity too.
Naturally our coverage will ramp up several gears for the Formula Ford Festival and Walter Hayes Trophy too.
We'll also be collaborating with the Australian FF1600 organisers to add coverage from another FFord hotbed on the other side of the world, and we're open to adding Classic and Historic coverage subject to demand and feasibility.
HOW WE'LL BE COVERING FF1600
* Reports from qualifying and all races in our primary series published within an hour of the chequered flag
* Reaction stories and writers' columns post-event
* Comprehensive guides to the FFF and WHT entries, live blogs through the weekends, and driver-by-driver rundown post-events
* Archive pieces celebrating what was happening 'on this day' in FF1600's illustrious history
* Driver interviews profiling the key contenders in each championship
* Car guides assessing the specialities and quirks of the key FF1600 chassis
* Video slots for the best of drivers' on-boards and spectators' clips
WHAT DO WE NEED?
No one is pretending you can make a sustainable living from covering FF1600, but we do want to be able to help our writers cover their costs of getting to the tracks at the very least.
Like the previous FF1600 website, we will have reasonably-priced advertising slots where goods and services, cars for sale, drives available or events can be publicised to the FF1600 community. Donations will also be happily accepted.
* We're also still on the lookout for writers. We have a very strong team developing through the young journalists participating in AUTOSPORT's evening classes training programme, but more contributors will be welcomed, particularly for Scotland and Ireland/Northern Ireland.
For more information, to pledge support in any way or if you want to get involved as a writer, email:
Information or support: FF1600info@formulaford1600.com
Coming your way in 2018